To provide a curriculum which is varied, stimulating and challenging for all children.
This will be achieved by:
- Effective, thorough planning which is reviewed and monitored.
- Reviewing and monitoring our whole school approach to long term curriculum planning, ensuring continuity and progression.
- Inclusive policy documents in each curriculum areas with agreed aims.
- Differentiation and a variety of learning and teaching styles shown in weekly planning.
- Effective use of ICT throughout the curriculum to stimulate and challenge children.
- Involving children in the learning process, self assessment, peer assessment and involvement in the target setting process.
- Thorough systems of assessment which informs future planning.
- A variety of visitors/visits to enhance learning.
- Effective liaison with external agencies to enhance the curriculum both within and beyond the school day.
- Children to leave school literate and numerate and confident in a wide variety of skills.
- Well trained staff with appropriate subject knowledge.