To encourage the personal, social, moral, spiritual and cultural development of children within the context of the Catholic ethos, whilst nurturing a respect and understanding of other cultures and beliefs.
This will be achieved by:
- Promoting a strong Catholic ethos throughout the school.
- A high standard of RE teaching using the Come and See scheme.
- Visits from other cultures/faiths to supplement the Come and See scheme.
- Arranging child friendly church activities and services.
- Regular Class and school Masses.
- Providing high quality opportunities to engage in collective worship.
- Openness and example set by staff; children able to see Gospel values in practice, through tolerance, forgiveness and honesty.
- Cultural diversity reflected in planning, teaching, learning, the environment and resources.
- Children to be made aware that they are valued within their Parish communities and encouraged to take part in the celebration of weekly Mass.
- Encouragement of sense of responsibility within school and the wider community through fund raising for charities.
- Positive reward system.
- Good quality, well planned assemblies linked to the Come and See scheme.
- Pupil involvement in school council, activity leaders, buddies.
- Actively seeking to meet healthy schools standards.